Nowadays, every business is striving to gain a top position on SERP (search engine result pages). For this purpose, they use several methods both paid and unpaid. This process is known as Search Marketing. Search Marketing can be defined as the process of making paid and unpaid efforts to direct traffic and to gain visibility on search engine results pages. The concept of paid and unpaid efforts divides Search Marketing into two segments.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
Let’s Talk SEO – Search Engine Optimization
The concept of Search Engine Optimization can be defined as the technique or strategies to attract traffic to particular website or blog. It is simply structuring your website in such a way that the search engines could easily recognize you.
There are two ways to perform search engine optimization.
- On page SEO
On page SEO is a way of optimizing an individual website to increase its ranking on search engines and bring in relevant traffic. In On page SEO, the HTML source and the content on the website both are optimized. It is applied to those websites that are ranking on the first 3 or maximum 5 pages of search. No customer would like to visit a website that is ranked after 5 pages of search engine. The effort to bring your website from 6th or onwards position to 5th or less position is known as on page SEO. Optimizing a live page that is already ranking on the search engine is done via on page SEO.
- Off page SEO
The activities that are commenced outside the premises of the website is known as Off page SEO. It other words, Off page SEO is to use certain techniques or strategies to direct traffic to a particular blog or website other than on page SEO. With the help of off-page SEO, the visibility of the website can be improved on SERP (Search engine result page). There are many people that relate Off-page SEO with link building but it is so much beyond that. If you leave a message or comment on another blog or post, you are doing off page SEO. Link building is still regarded essential for Google. If there is no link, Google will not be able to point your website. Top priority should be given to link building because it prepares your site SEO process.
Hence, linking building is the foundation of off page SEO process. There are several ways of doing Off page SEO but some of the common ways are explained below:
- Sites used for questions and answer: These sites seek answers from common people about particular queries raised by audience of a website. The common question answer websites are Yahoo answers, Wiki answers or Quora. In these websites, if a user searches the answer of a particular question, number of answers show up as results. In the end of each answer, you will see the website link of the answer writer. This is off page SEO technique in which the person is driving the traffic to his website through question-answer site.
- Bookmarking sites: it a platform where several people promote their websites. High traffic is gained by bookmarking your website, blog. You can also post any content on the website. Anyone performing a search related our content topic will be directed to your website or blog. Below are the top bookmarking sites.
- Listing sites: These sites are free business listing sites where you list your website for free. It a new way of reaching out potential customers and gaining exposure. It is also known as local SEO citation. Below is the information required to list your business,
- Guest blogging: This is type of blogging which is done on the behalf of a third person which means you do not own the blog. It is a unique of bringing in traffic to a particular blog. Websites like Yourstory.com allows you to write a blog or story and post it and have you anchor your keyword like “Online Shopping”. This will increase brand awareness and direct traffic towards your brand website. In this section, we discussed the way of doing organic SEO or search. Now we shall discuss the paid method known as Search Engine Marketing.
Search Engine Marketing:
SEM is a paid process of directing traffic towards your blog or website. In this method. A famous tool is used in SEM known as Google AdWords. This tool allows business to display their business on Google by paying a certain amount of money. The SEM process works primarily on the concept of PPC (Pay Per Click). The user is directed to the website when he clicks the link mentioned as Ad on a google search. It is estimated that it takes about 6 months to one year to be ranked on the first page of search engine results. But to cut the time short, Google AdWords a solution by paying a certain amount to Google and get your page listed on top results.
So These are the Traditional seo methods to rank your website and get inquiry but the Things are little bit different, Call me on 8401326950 and email me at email@example.com for your websites free SEO audit and analysis.